Sponsor: Ron McConathy, email@example.com, 865-387-8673 (mobile)
Location: Any ground-level outdoor location within a mile radius from the front door of the building where you live.
Time: Between 12 noon and 4pm
Maximum Number of Participants (5 minimum for judging): No maximum.
Purpose of this Challenge
This TEST Challenge is designed to let all SANP members participate and to see how well this process works. Any applicable subjects allowed in the 2022 Salon can be photographed (see Salon 2022 for categories). The Challenge location was chosen to help those who might live in a predominately urban neighborhood find subjects to photograph. Winter makes this a difficult Challenge.
You must register for this challenge if you want to submit images for judging. You will receive a registration confirmation. The day following the Challenge, those who registered will receive an email with a Participant Number to use in naming the three images prior to submitting them for judging. Submission information will be included in the email. (This Participant Number is used to help with image anonymity during the judging.) If you have questions, contact Ron McConathy, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Challenge image submissions will be posted in a Challenge Gallery on the SANP Zenfolio website accessible to the public; winners will be displayed on SANP social media, the SANP website, and in the SANP Newsletter.
- Camera: Any handheld type of camera is allowed.
- Lens focal length: Only lens focal lengths from 24–60 mm may be used (35mm equivalent focal lengths).
- Filters: Only polarizing filters may be used.
- Flash: No flash.
- Tripod: Any tripod is allowed.
- Cell Phone: Any cell phone is allowed when NOT used with a wide angle or telephoto setting or attachment.
- Other: None.
- Photography Technique Specifications: None
- Processing Technique Specifications: None
Entering Challenge Images for Judging
Entries must be received by midnight, Saturday, February 12, 2022. Participants may submit up to three JPEG digital image files (not over 4 MB each). The Participant’s copyright information and the image metadata must be embedded in the submitted image files.
Send your entries to email@example.com. Entries received late, too large, or not in the proper file name format will not be judged.
Name the digital files in the following format:
- SANPPC stands for ‘SANP Photography Challenge’ (do not change this)
- 202202 is the year and month (month is always two digits)
- 01 is the assigned Participant number that each participant receives the day after the Challenge (for anonymity)
- a is the participant’s first entry (b = second entry, c = third entry)