Maximum Number of Participants (5 minimum for judging): 20 maximum.
Purpose of this Challenge: The purpose of this challenge is to photograph the flowers, plants, and other items inside the greenhouse. Most of the subjects will be best photographed as closeup or macro, but other compositions are possible. Flowers and plants are obvious subjects, but decorative pots and garden decorations are also available. Photos of the greenhouse space and people may also be interesting.
[Note: To say thank you for allowing SANP to use their facility, please give Stanley Greenhouse (firstname.lastname@example.org) several of your best JPEG photos from this event to use on their website. You can watermark these images. Also, they would be happy if you purchase something, but that isn’t required. When using your tripod or other photography equipment, make sure that it does not completely block walkways being used by paying customers. Be courteous!]
Challenge Procedure: You must register for this challenge if you want to submit images for judging. You will receive a registration confirmation. You may submit up to three images for judging, following the guidelines below for file naming, file size, and deadline. Before the images are posted to Zenfolio for judging, the Administrator will replace the Participant's name with an assigned Participant Number to help ensure image anonymity during the judging. If you have questions, contact Ron McConathy, at email@example.com.
If a Participant wants his/her images displayed on Zenfolio but not judged, that can be stated in the email with the submissions.
Note: Challenge image submissions will be posted (anonymously until after judging) in a Challenge Gallery on the SANP Zenfolio website accessible to the public; winners will be displayed on SANP social media, the SANP website, and in the SANP Newsletter.
- Camera: Any handheld type of camera is allowed. (Drones are not allowed. :))
- Lens focal length: Only lens focal lengths from 12 to 300 mm may be used (35mm equivalent focal lengths). Macro lenses will be very useful.
- Filters: Neutral density, polarizing, and closeup filters may be used.
- Flash: On-camera or off-camera flash is allowed.
- Tripod: Any tripod is allowed.
- Cell Phone: Any cell phone is allowed.
- Other: The photographer must get signed model releases from any people recognizable in a photograph.
Photography Technique Specifications: None
Processing Technique Specifications: None
Entering Challenge Images for Judging
Entries must be received by midnight, 18, February 2023. Participants may submit up to three JPEG digital image files (not over 4 MB each). The Participant’s copyright information and the image metadata must be embedded in the submitted image files.
Send your entries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Entries received late, too large, or not in the proper file name format will not be judged. If you want your images displayed on Zenfolio but not judged, state that when you submit the images.
Name the digital files in the following format:
- SANPPC stands for ‘SANP Photography Challenge’ (do not change this)
- 202302 is the year and month (month is always two digits)
- a is the participant’s first entry (b = second entry, c = third entry)
- A_Photographer is the photographer’s first initial and last name