Sponsor: Ron McConathy, firstname.lastname@example.org, 865-387-8673 (mobile)
Location: Downtown Knoxville, TN, in the area bounded by Walnut St., Wall Ave., S. Gay St., and Clinch Ave. All photographs must be made while the photographer is standing inside this area
Time: Between 6pm and 10pm
Maximum Number of Participants (5 minimum for judging): No maximum.
Purpose of this Challenge
This Photo Challenge is designed to let participants photograph urban scenes during evening daylight and nighttime. Any applicable subjects allowed in the 2022 Salon can be photographed (see Salon 2022 for categories)
You must register for this challenge if you want to submit images for judging. You will receive a registration confirmation. You may submit up to three images for judging, following the guidelines below for file naming, file size, and deadline. Before the images are posted to Zenfolio for judging, the Administrator will replace the Participant's name with an assigned Participant Number to help ensure image anonymity during the judging. If you have questions, contact Ron McConathy, email@example.com.
If a Participant wants his/her images displayed on Zenfolio but not judged, that can be stated in the email with the submissions.
Note: Challenge image submissions will be posted in a Challenge Gallery on the SANP Zenfolio website accessible to the public; winners will be displayed on SANP social media, the SANP website, and in the SANP Newsletter.
- Camera: Any handheld type of camera is allowed. (Drones are not allowed.)
- Lens focal length: Only lens focal lengths from 14–300 mm may be used (35mm equivalent focal lengths).
- Filters: Neutral density, polarizing, and closeup filters may be used.
- Flash: On-camera or off-camera flash is allowed.
- Tripod: Any tripod is allowed.
- Cell Phone: Any cell phone is allowed.
- Other: The photographer must get signed model releases from any people recognizable in a photograph.
- Photography Technique Specifications: None
- Processing Technique Specifications: None
Entering Challenge Images for Judging
Entries must be received by midnight, Sunday, August 14, 2022. Participants may submit up to three JPEG digital image files (not over 4 MB each). The Participant’s copyright information and the image metadata must be embedded in the submitted image files.
Send your entries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Entries received late, too large, or not in the proper file name format will not be judged. If you want your images displayed on Zenfolio but not judged, state that when you submit the images.
Name the digital files in the following format: